Project Goal: Design, construction and implementation of the HUNI KUIN CENTER FOR CULTURE AND SPIRITUALITY complex in the Boa Vista village, a reference place for the social, cultural and spiritual development of the Huni Kuin people.
Design and construction of a traditional Shubuã: (01) Shubuã (16m Ø) for large events;
– Based on local needs, availability of construction materials and reflecting local traditions;
– Built in an artisanal way with the support and participation of the community and its authorities;
– Built with local wood and thatched roof employing palm leaves.
– Reinforced structure able to withstanding strong heat and heavy rain;
1. To support and strengthen the development of about 4000 inhabitants of 34 local communities with the establishment of a cultural and spiritual center complex.
2. To provide facilities reserved for advanced studies and treatments, ensuring that the elders can transmit their knowledge and experiences to local indigenous and foreigners without disrupting village life.
3. To improve women’s and children’s living standards with the installation of healthy, efficient and eco-friendly cooking stoves and an appropriate kitchen area.
4. To ensure compliance with basic health standards, reduce the spread of disease and improve the community’s quality of life with the establishment of composting toilets.
5. To increase awareness about disposal of solid waste and its impact in the community, co-creating an initial waste management plan.